HEADER BLOG TITLE

30/11/2012

Aha!

Hello from a windy, wintry South Africa!  It is summer and the season of sunshine, beach, picnics and endless barbeques, but somehow the weather continues to play up and it is far too cold for the time of the year.  It makes for great hooky time though, something no hooker should be complaining about. I have been hooking up a storm to finish my impromptu, unplanned project so that I can focus on what I really wanted to hook - a charcoal tablecloth for a dining table seating eight people. I will be sad once the roly poly is finished, it is a fun project and a real pleasure to hook!

 Nine out of twelve pentagons that will form the roly poly pillow seat - I will be adding one last round in colour "natural" before I block the lot. Each pentagon will also be getting a  hand stitched  cotton lining to ensure the ball holds it shape well.  

 

 

Aha! Caught red-handed! Isn't she adorable, not quite three yet and already hooking up a storm. She has been watching me quietly for weeks now and then last week as soon as I got up to make her a hot chocolate, she grabbed hold of the hook! 



Cheers, have a great weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. love your pentagons!!!
    happy weekend, xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!!!!
    I love your blog, your patterns, your colors!!!
    Is impresionant!!!
    www.queliodehilo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!! I had a quick look at your blog and fell in love with it! I am packing up and don't know how quickly I will have an internet connection again, but will soon spend more time on your blog. Thank you for commenting since it made me aware of your blog! Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your web site in internet explorer, would check this… IE still is the market leader and a big portion of people will miss your excellent writing because of this problem. Bargain Sites Melbourne

    ReplyDelete